Most people overeat when they are under stress, so no wonder why so many people diet these days, everyone is always stressed for one reason or another. While eating healthy during weight loss is key (in addition to exercise of course), if you paid up some nutritious foods, they work the body in such a way that achieving your desired weight can be easier and maybe even faster. Try one of these combos and see if they provide you with results:
- Dried Peas and Wasabi Powder. This combo is sold in asian food markets in a dried version. The freeze drying process in unlike other methods of food drying that can alter the nutritional state of the food. Dried peas are high in soluble fiber which helps blood sugar levels while providing slow-burning energy. The spice of the wasabi can help raise metabolism by 25%. Buyer beware: Many forms of dried wasabi peas are made with horseradish as opposed to actual wasabi, make sure you get the real deal.
- Celery and Almond Butter. Celery burns more calories from digesting it then it contains itself. It is considered a negative burning food. Almond butter has monosaturated fats that help control craving inducing sugar spikes. If you cut celery stalks into slices or sticks and place them in a jar of water in the fridge the celery will become crisper.
- Radishes and Vinaigrette. Radishes are rich in magnesium. Magnesium has been known to help reduce bloating. Vinegar contains potassium and is known to cut blood sugar spikes by 30% which helps prevent belly fat. Tonight for dinner, make a radish salad with a splash of vinegar. I love apple cider vinegar for its health benefits. It has been shown in studies to help regulate diabetes and also aids in weight loss.
- Red Peppers and Ranch Dressing: Red peppers are packed with a wonderful variety of nutrients such as carotenoids, and lutein. They both help improve the liver’s function in breaking down of foods. Regular ranch dressing, although on my list of fatty condiments has its health benefits. It contains linoleic acid, a healthy fat that helps create lean muscle.
- Almonds and Chocolate: Almonds are the best nuts around for diet and weight loss. They contains Vitamin E, fiber and monosaturated fats that all help to keep blood sugar steady. Toast almonds for a crunchier treat! Chocolate, although most people think its a big no no on diets, offers magnesium that helps ward off stress and decreases your appetite.