I am always asked the best way to apply makeup of various sorts. I thought if I gave you my tips and tricks that can help you in your application. Almond shape eyes are considered to be the ideal. Since we not all born with almond shaped eyes, when making up eyes, one tries with the help of light and dark shades to make the necessary changes to give the eyes an almond appearance.Eyeshadow: The following steps are followed in the application of eyeshadow shades.
- Using a fine, blunt ended brush, gently apply the base eyeshadow to the entire lid from the inside to the outside corner and from then base of the lashes to the eyelid crease.
- If the eyes need extra definition, a deeper shade is blended into the crease line. This gives depth to the eyes.
- The brow bone is highlighted with a light shade. This gives the eyes a wide, open look. The color is applied to the most prominent area and blended up towards the brow and down to where the contour curves down, toward the eyelid creases.Before using them on the lids, always test the colors on the back of your hand to see the intensity. You can use 3-4 colors, provided they are blended well.
Rule of thumb: pale tones emphasize, while deep sooty shades define.Eyeliners: Using an eyeliner is a clear way to define the shape of the eye. There are a variety of eyeliners in the market. I tend to lean towards pencil, it is the most natural looking. Liquid liners give too much of a definition. But of course it is all personal preference, so the choice is yours. Liquid Eyeliner Application
- Test the liner on the back of your hand, the amount of pressure you should use as each eyeliner brush is different in density and stiffness. Unless you are a real artist, it is best to steady your elbow on a flat surface.
- Work from the inside of the eye to the outside corner and keep the line light and even. If you stop at the corner of the eye, the effect will be a round and wide eye. If you continue the line and sweep it up and out, you would get a more exotic look.
- Finally, smudge the edges with a cotton swab to soften the lines.
Pencil Eyeliner ApplicationPencils can be used in the same manner to define or extend the shape of the eyes, but they give a softer, more natural line. Keep them sharpened and ready for use, as blunted or broken points can spoil the whole effect.
- To use a pencil liner, start at the inner corner of the top lid and work your way to the outer edge of the lid, keeping the pencil as close to the lash line as possible. The darker the color you use, the smaller the eye will appear.
- For the bottom lid, start at the inner corner and work your way toward the outer edge once again.
- Some pencils come with a smudge tool on the opposite side. Use it to soften the line and make it look more natural. If you do not have a smudge tool on the other side of your pencil a cotton swab will do just fine. Make sure the swab is the type for makeup and not your ears. As the one for ears tends to leave behind some fizz and you do not want to get that in your eye.
- For best results in applying mascara, look down first and brush the top lashes from the roots downwards.
- Then look up and brush the top lashes upwards.
- Then still looking up, brush the color on the lower lashes.
- Wait for a minute for them to dry, and apply a second coat in the same fashion.
- Finally brush them with a clean dry brush to separate the lashes from clumping together, if indeed they are clumped.
To remove mascara: Close your eyes and roll a cotton swab dipped in a makeup cleanser over the lashes, taking the mascara down onto a tissue. Repeat until all the mascara is gone. I hope this information is helpful in your makeup application. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to share them with our readers.