With summertime well on it’s way, it’s already here in some states, it’s time to get some shades ready to wear. Many times, we just grab the 1st pair of glasses that are affordable and look nice in the case. There are certain things you should consider before you throw away anymore money on shades that, once you get home, you never wear again.
- Remember what you are getting them for – if you are getting them solely for looks and not for blocking the sun, then you don’t have to worry about how well they will block out the sun. But if you really need them to do their job of keeping the sun out of your eyes, you need to make sure they offer 100 percent UVA and UVB protection. Sure they may be cute, but will they keep the sun out of your eyes?
- Try to get shades that filter out blue light also, this helps keep eyes healthy – you can tell this easily by walking outside and looking at the sky, it should appear gray
- Pick out your lens color based on preference – Orange/brown lenses offer the maximum retinal protection, green isn’t as distorting as yellow and red, gray has no effect on colors.
- Choose a frame that is most comfortable to you – plastics are light weight, metal frames tend to be a little more heavy (I prefer the metal, I like to feel mine on)
- Take your time when choosing a frame shape – there is no rush, make sure you like everything about them while you are looking in the mirror before you buy.
If you want to know more about buying the perfect sunglasses for your face there is an exhaustive list which will help you in making your well-informed buying decision. Sunglasses can be a welcomed accessory to the summer, choose your shades wisely and you will look great all summer long!