It seems like with every passing day, it is getting hotter and hotter. The cool breezes are beginning to fade farther and farther away and the cool nights are just about non-existent. As much as we long for the warm weather in winter, maybe a little coolness isn’t so bad . How do you stay cool in the summer heat? These are a few of my get cool tricks for the long summer days.
- Drink a Smoothie – healthy for you, delicious, and cool
- Switch to Frappucino coffees – coffee is too warm in the summer for me, so I choose the cold alternative
- Wear skirts and shorts – pants seem to get hotter as the days continue, so I ditch them during the summer
- Stay Hydrated – Drink plenty of fluids, preferably water
- Sandals and Open Toes – put away the boots, closed toes, and sneakers should only be warn to work out in, grab your flip flops and open toes…it’s summer you know!
- Shade, Shade, Shade – hats, umbrellas, canopies, gazebos…it’s all about staying out of the sun
- Sunglasses – keep them handy at all times
- Light Colors – wear light colors. Not only do they make you look and feel good, they also help keep you cool.
- Shopping!!! – Ever noticed all retail areas have very functional air conditioners, this is my excuse to go shopping. “It’s hot out, I need to do a bit of shopping”, to stay cool of course.
- Get Active – nothing takes your mind off the heat like getting busy. Find hobbies, friends to hang out with, anything that will keep your focus off the heat.
- Swim – go to the pool or the beach and try getting in the water. Don’t worry about hair or make up just have a great time and you’ll be staying cool, too.
- Watermelon – last but definitely not least, grab a watermelon and keep it in the fridge until ready to eat. This is a surefire way to keep you chilled and hydrated.
Staying cool in the summer can be a bit tricky and fun. What are your “beat the heat” tips for this summer?