Your wedding can be one of the most important and beautiful days of your life. Step by step planning goes into this one special day for the bride. One of the things on your list of todo’s has to be choosing your bridesmaids. This step is often not thought too hard about by others. But this is a very important step that HAS to be done early. For the bride to be, as soon as her soon-to-be hubby pops the question two things pop in mind; the dress and the bridesmaids. Need some help choosing between your dozen closest friends and your long lost relatives, all of whom have now shown up because they want to be in the wedding. Here’s some tips on choosing those lucky few:
- How many – this is determined by how many people you want at the wedding. A large wedding will call for more bridesmaids. Smaller weddings mean you can have few.
- Choose those you care about – this is your special day, choose women who will be there for and were there for you in the past. You want the ones you love close.
- Responsibility – Make sure you keep in mind whoever you choose will need to be responsible. All the love and friendship in the world doesn’t count for anything if they don’t show up!
- Money – Being a bridesmaid can be a bit costly. If the person can not afford to be one, unless you are footing the bill, you may want to find something a little less expensive for them to do.
- You were in their’s, She has to be in mine – just because she made you a bridesmaid 10 yrs ago doesn’t mean you have to make her one now. It seems discourteous but that’s just how it is. Feelings change, maybe when she got married you guys were “bestest friends”, but now you rarely talk. Bridesmaids should be those you care about now.
Bridesmaids will play a very important role in your wedding. Choose carefully because one person can ruin your whole day. Make sure you surround yourself with love, fun and responsible people and your day will be great.