Men are often looked over when you talk about skin care. There are many products that cater to men, if you can find them through the women products. But they are there. Many times men feel weird even going to the skin care or “beauty” section but a trip to that section may help your skin.
- Deep Cleanser – it’s just as important for men as it is for women. Twice a week clean face with a deep cleanser to clean pores. Always follow up with a moisturizing lotion.
- Shaving – it must be done, so make sure you do it correctly to ensure no damage to your skin. Always use a sharp razor. Apply warm water to face prior to you shaving cream. Let shaving cream rest on face 2-3 minutes before starting to shave. Once complete rinse face with COLD water (this seals the pores). Make sure to use after shave.
- Sunscreen – wind and sun can really cause damage to your skin. Sunscreen should be used prior to leaving the house. The sun can really wreak havoc on skin, so take care to keep skin looking it’s best.
- Diet and Exercise – yes, men need to eat right, too – You are what you eat, is correct for everyone. You want to eat a healthy diet to maintain healthy skin. You also want to get some exercise in, daily. It clears your pores, gets your heart rate up, and is good for you. Sweating helps shed impurities and may at first make your skin look a little worse but keep it up and it will look better once you body is cleansed.
- Water – important for everyone. Drink atleast 8, eight oz cups of water a day.
- Rest – Get plenty of rest to keep your skin rested and stress free.
The bottom line is men need to take care of their skin just as much as women. Everyone wants to look their best and skin care is a great place to start.
–image credit here