Headed for a trip outdoors and scared of possible bug bites or stings? Before you go out, here are some pointers on how to avoid or deal in case those nasty insects attack.
1. First and foremost, make sure you are wearing long pants and sleeves tucked into your socks and shoes for added coverage. Small ticks are especially tricky and can get to your skin easily, so make sure you got as less exposed skin as possible. If a tick does penetrate your skin, remove it carefully with a tweezer and then put it in a jar of alcohol to kill it.
2. If you’re allergic to bee stings, don’t go out without your bee kit. Bee kits usually contain a shot of epinephrine that is essential if a bee stings you.
3. No matter how itchy it is, don’t scratch a mosquito bite because it can get infected or bleed.
4. If you’re stung by a bee, wash the area with soap and water and apply ice to the sting. It will also be best if you have an antihistamine, hydrocortisone cream, or calamine lotion in handy to take away the itch.
5. If any type of insect stings you and you feel slightly out of breath or dizzy, don’t wait to rush to someone right away or go to an emergency station because the allergic reaction could be serious.
Care to share your tips on insect attacks?
Image from this site.