Since I am an Independent Consultant with skin care home based business and I know most of my readers are familiar with my products by now, I figured I would share some information with you on how you can get the look your want. This is especially good for our teenage sect.
Flawless Skin – A beautiful complexion will bring out the inner beauty. Radiant skin allows you to face the world carefree, composed and confident. What you need is a gentle Daily Cleanser that I can highly recommend if asked. This non drying cleanser removes dirt and oil without stripping skin of its moisture barrier.
Flushed Complexion – Skin naturally gives off a beautiful array of tones. Enhancing the hues of your skin is a terrific way to appear individualistic and chic. What you need is a tinted moisturizer with spf 15 in it. I have one I sue and love and would be happy to give you the name if you ask me. 🙂 Made with SPF and in four shades that are translucent shades, this tinted moisturizer protects and complements your skin simultaneously.
Rosy Cheeks – Even if you blush out of embarrassment, the effect is just plain adorable! Flaunt your rosy cheeks, it’s a look too cute for words. What you need is an awesome blusher, I have them in 16 colors. You will appear naturally with any of the pretty shades that moisturize, condition and rejuvenate your face. It is a pressed powder form.
Glowing Skin – Do not be afraid to glow with it. Glistening skin makes for great eye candy. 🙂 What you need is an excellent Bronzing Powder. You can get color that sparkles ad glows, naturally, with this luxurious bronzing powder that will leave you looking sun-kissed.
Creating a perfect base is the most important step in makeup. Without it your eye and lip shades will highlight imperfections such as lines, blemishes or redness. Base makeup to most people means a mask of foundation, but that’s not necessarily the case at all. If you’ve got great skin, then all a base means is you dab a well applied concealer and some blusher. Most people do need a bit more coverage then that. With any type of foundation, to find your correct color, apply a selection of colors that closely resemble your skin tone to your cheek. Then using a mirror see which one blends better into your skin. It is always better to go a shade lighter then darker when choosing a color.
- Liquid Foundation. Liquid Foundation provides sheer to medium coverage. Liquid foundation should be applied to a cosmetic sponge and then dabbed onto your face, forehead, cheeks, nose and chin. Then using the sponge spread the “dabs” evenly over the entire face. Using fingers when putting on foundation can add germs and toxins you may have handled to also be applied onto your face. Do not use too much, as it will end up looking like you are wearing a mask.
- Cream to powder foundation. This is ideal if you are looking for a matte finish. You apply this type of foundation with a damp cosmetic sponge. The look will be a dewy, matte finish that gives full coverage.
- Tinted Moisturizer. This is the lightest type of coverage you can use. It’s a great product if you do not like to wear heavy foundations like me. I love tinted moisturizers! The one I use is called awesome, just ask me what I use, maybe I will send you one for free to try. 🙂 It has an spf of 15 too, so its great this time of year. (tip: if you plan on sunbathing or be near the pool/beach use something stronger then spf 15) Many women have the misconception that you use this to make yourself look tanned. Not true if you are matching your skin tone, which you should you do as with any other type of foundation.
- Stick Foundation. This type of foundation offers more coverage and is faster to use then liquid foundation. The only drawback I find is that you have to use your fingers to blend it into the skin. If you don’t use your fingers it can tend to look streaky. This is a great product if you have small blemishes that need hiding, or under eye circles and don’t want to use a concealer.
- Bronzing Gels/Sticks/Powders. For a more sun kissed look for the summer months, a bronzer of bronzing gel is a great product to keep handy. If you choose a gel type, make sure it is sheer so it does not look like a mask on your face when it is applied. Always use a bronzer of any type sparingly. You are trying to enhance your natural color, not create a fake tan. Brush the bronzing powder lightly across the skin to create a golden glow. Do not use it all over your face, it will make your face look dirty rather then tanned. ONly apply these where you would naturally get a sun tan (nose, cheeks, forehead). I LOVE my bronzer, ask me what I am using :). ANY skin color can use it and it always looks natural. It has this awesome kabuki brush that you can get with it and best thing, the brush does not shed!
- Loose Powder. This should be used to set the foundation you choose. You brush this over your entire face with a big fluffy brush. Translucent is the best color to get. If you have warm skin tone you may opt for a yellow based rather than a pink one.
- Pressed Powder. To create a total coverage, apply this over foundation. However, do not smooth it on the skin, apply it with a powder sponge in a rolling motion.
The best way to apply the products I mentioned is with a cosmetic sponge. If using a sponge that is re-useable then you want to make sure to keep it clean. This way you are avoiding any bacteria build up and can avoid blemishes from the bacteria. You can wash the sponge in a little baby shampoo after every use. If you are using a powder brush for applying the powder, the perfect brush is just over an inch across and fluffy. Again you have to keep it clean and must clean it after each use. You can use baby shampoo and wash it with that and then let it dry thoroughly. If you need a quick dry, instead of washing with baby shampoo you can use a spray bottle and fill it with rubbing alcohol and spritz the brush lightly with that its ready for another use.
Choosing the right color
- Never try a foundation on your hand. Your hands tend to be darker then your face, after all they probably get more sun then your face does. Instead apply it to your jawline. The right shade for you is the one that disappears into your skin.
- If you cannot decide between two foundation shades, choose the lighter one, as the darker foundation will create more obvious lines on your jawline and make you look like you are wearing a mask. However, if you have BLACK SKIN, matching your foundation to the lightest areas of your face can make you look ashy. Matching the darkest and you will look overly made up. So what you want to do is match the skin color on your neck for a great look thats natural.
You are wearing too much makeup if….
- You cannot see any pores on your face. Your natural skin texture is supposed to show a little.
- You makeup is shining. Use a blotting paper rather than reapplying your powder.
- You can see a line around your jawline that shows where your makeup starts. Either change the color and go lighter, or smudge it into your neck to eliminate the lines.
As I have been writing lately, this is another post about some different home remedies you can do from the comfort of your home to achieve the perfect smooth skin, especially now that summer is arriving and we all want to show our nice arms and legs on the beach.
Remedy 1: Mash one banana along with milk and apply the mixture to your skin. Leave the mixture in for 20 minutes and after rinse it properly. This remedy is perfect for making your skin smooth and supple.
Remedy 2: Blend the egg white with honey. Apply the mixture to your face. Leave the mixture in for about 20 minutes and after rinse it properly. This remedy is ideal to make your skin smooth and helps reduce wrinkles.
Remedy 3: Blend turmeric powder with milk and apply the mixture to your face. Leave the mixture in for about 20 minutes. Scrub it off with a good face scrub and then wash it with cold water. If you want better results you can also keep the mixture in overnight. This homemade remedy is very good for removing tan and also helps reduce facial hair.
Remedy 4: Mix oatmeal along with curds and tomato juice. Apply the mixture to your face. Leave the mixture in for about 20 minutes and rinse well with cold water. This remedy is very useful to remove tan and lighten the skin.
Remedy 5:Apply some raw sliced tomato to your face. This method reduces blemishes and other scars.
Remedy 6: Apply some cucumber juice to your face. Wash it properly after 15 minutes. Since cucumber juice is an excellent astringent, the juice applied to your face helps tightens your pores.
Remedy 7: Blend turmeric powder with limejuice. Apply it to your face for about 20 minutes. Since limejuice is natural bleach, this mixture is very good for removing tans.
Remedy 8: Mix dried orange peels with curds. Apply it to your face and rinse well with cold water after 15 minutes. This mixture reduces blemishes and scars.
Some other very useful items you can use in your home are rubbing ice cubs that you can rub on your face to tighten the pores and increase blood circulation; honey that makes the skin glow, you can apply it to your face to make your skin soft and smooth as well as to reduce wrinkles.
I hope right now you start making good use of the very different items you have at home to have the perfect silky skin for a very promising summer that is arriving and all with natural ingredients.
Be careful with allergies and make sure all the fruits and items are bought from safe places.
Do you have any other homemade remedies for our skin?