I‘ve heard many people on TV and radio mention the health benefits of fish oil but I never really got around to researching more about it. Today I decided to Google and here’s what I found:
- Fish oil contains the healthy substances called omega 3 fatty acids. Surely you’ve heard of a lot of food stuff being marketed as healthy because they contain omega 3 fatty acids, stuff that is very good for the heart.
- Omega 3 fatty acids can normalize abnormal heart rhythms, lessen blood clots, and improve the condition of arteries. Thus, taking fish oil regularly can greatly reduce chances of heart attacks and other heart ailments.
- Omega 3 fatty acids can also be found in other sources like walnuts and canola oil but it’s highest concentration is in fish.
- Studies have found that fish oil protects the nervous system, lowering the risk of developing Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Studies have also linked lower risks of breast and prostate cancer to regular consumption of fish oil.
- You can get the benefits of fish oil by eating fish (of course) like sardines and salmon but you can also get it through capsules. There are lots for sale in the market.
Know more benefits of fish oil?
Image from this site.
<a href=”http://technorati.com/faves?add=BLOG_URL”>Add to Technorati Favorites!</a>